Thursday, August 21, 2008

Weebles Wobble...

Well, weebles might not fall down, but Ada sure does. As you can see below, she looks like she's been in a bar fight. She's starting to take a few steps on her own and while she's mostly doing great, we have had some spectacular wipe-outs. The little cut by her eye was the result of a play ground traffic jam -- a bunch of big kids were running around in circles and I was trying to get Ada and her little scooter past them without injury. Just as I turned around to make sure the coast was clear she toppled sideways and hit her head on a ladder. I saw it coming and yelled, "fuck!" which is apparently not approved language on the playground. I'm still getting dirty looks from the other mommies. Oh well. Their three-year-olds were bound to hear the word at some point, right?

As far as the bruise on her cheek, I'm honestly not sure where that one came from. Another dramatic wipeout of some sort. Amazingly, she's pretty unfazed. She howls for a second or two and then settles down and goes back to whatever she was doing, leaving me wringing my hands and worrying about concussions and memory loss.

No comments: